What is web development?
Web development is the technical and nerdy aspect of the website process. If you're not, well, a little bit geeky, then it's a little bit boring!
Why is it important?
It may be boring but it is VERY important. The technical aspects can have a huge effect on the success of your website.
We have guys / nerds that love development. They live and breathe it and they have to work through an exhaustive checklist to get it right.
Why is web development important?
It's not just about the creative or the content strategy. Your website has to be 'built' the right way.
Here's a metaphorical comparison:
The moral of this story is shonky web development is not good!
A great website needs great development.
Top 5 reasons to ensure your web development is up-to-scratch
- Speed!: Google and customers love fast websites. A well-developed website will be fast!
- Responsive: A well-developed website will work - and look great - on all devices (desktop, tablet and mobile)
- Content–code ratio: You need a good balance of content-to-code on your website
- Accessibility: Your website should be accessible to as many users as possible
- User experience: Great web development results in a great user-experience.
How can iformat help you with web development?
- We understand the goals and technical requirements of the project
- We then use the best and most up-to-date development techniques and languages
- We implement on the right platform or content management system for you
- We go through an exhaustive checklist to ensure the development is done correctly
Do not choose any platform without knowing what you are getting into! Speak to a digital agency expert and discuss what you need, and then choose the right platform for your business.