OK: so you know Mobilegeddon is here, but you're not ready - what do you do?
There's a lot of panic going on, and this is what we're witnessing:
- Some clients are calling us, petrified about what might happen and as a result they're going mobile ASAP
- Some are taking action but with a slightly more measured approach
- Surprisingly, a few don't seem too worried at all
So should you be panicking, and how much should you panic?
Let's look at this using a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is low - you should not be bothered in any way - and 10 is a complete Hollywood disaster movie: biblical epic doomsday-type panic.
- Your site is not a lead generation tool; it's a brochure
- It doesn't bring in leads organically
Then why worry? You don't depend on Google for leads, so chill out. Your panic level should be 0. Have a beer or a joint and just don't worry about it. (But really, you should speak to us about a site that generates leads for you.) ;-)
- You do depend on organic leads coming in from Google, but your statistics show only 5 to 15 per
cent of your viewers are using mobile or tablet devices
Well, do you need to panic right now? It depends on how valuable those leads are to you. You may look and think, "only 5 to 15 per cent? It can wait!" And that's kind of OK. But it's a 5 to 15 per cent share your competitors could take off you.
Don't forget that a huge chunk of research starts on mobile but is completed on desktop so that 5 to 15 per cent may return on desktop devices.
If you know for a fact that your clients are corporate and not likely to be searching for your products and services once they step out of the office door,
then you might feel comfortable with not worrying.
Your panic level should be about 5. At least.
- You've invested in SEO, some good content and other online marketing
- Your business relies on Google to bring in organic leads
- 15 per cent or more of your users are using mobile devices
Your panic level should be a 10. You
shouldn't be able to sleep. Are you reading this in bed right now? Well, good luck sleeping tonight. IF you do sleep you will have nightmares about
a Googlezilla dinosaur smashing your business to bits and feasting on your staff.
- You own an ecommerce website
- You rely on Google to bring in customers
You know they are buying you products on a mobile device on the train on the way home from work, while they're watching TV, and while in bed just before they go to sleep, etc.
Your panic level should be 10... thousand. Seriously. If you're not panicking - start running around and screaming now. Or - call the hospital and ask to be admitted to a special ward with soft walls. If you haven't thought about or started the process of going mobile, you're nuts!
We don't mean to panic you though
Weeeeellllll... actually we do. It's not a marketing ploy though. Oh, no: it's good, solid, considered advice.
Seriously though - what should you do?
- Think about how not having a mobile site might affect your business
- Look at your Google analytics or other statistics to see how many of your users are on mobile
- Consider if it is worth NOT having a mobile-ready site
- IF, and this is a big IF, you do not have any viewers on mobile, right now you may not need to panic - but in the future you will need to do this
- If you don't know how to get this information - get advice from your web developer
- Monitor your stats and leads and if you notice any drop speak to your web developer
Speak to iformat
If you would like impartial advice speak to us. We won't advise on what's good for us. It will be what is best for you. Visit this Mobilegeddon page to learn more (including your options).
For more information or to request a quote please fill in the form below. Alternatively, call us immediately on 1300 88 64 50 or email email@example.com.