Responsive Web Design vs. Mobile Web Design
There is much debate over which option is "better" for enhancing your online presence; responsive website design or mobile website design.
Nowadays, customers could be viewing your site on a desktop 2,000 pixels wide, or a mobile phone with less than 400 pixels!
Speak to iformat about which option is best for you.
Responsive Web Design
- Same website; responds and changes shape to fit on different screen dimensions.
- Full website can be viewed on any device.
- Forces the business to consider how their content will be viewed on all devices.
- One complete view for all analytics.
- Similar user experience across all devices.
Mobile Web Design
- Separate "mini website" specifically designed for small screen sizes.
- Enhanced for "thumb navigation"
- Smaller sized graphics and images means faster load time.
- Possibility of designing very different user experiences for desktop and mobile.
- Have to duplicate content.
- Site is only for mobile phone devices.